Monday, December 30, 2013

Piece 3 - Complete!!!

Just put on the finishing touches!! Whew! Looking forward to your feedback!

EMERGENCE

Here is a close-up of the main branch.  The branch over the textile part is made from bark cloth Wil gave me from Africa. I'm afraid I matched the color for the painted part of the branch so well you can't actually see it in the photo.  The other bit you might be able to distinguish in the photo is that I used crushed up shells from the actual pecans off the tree on my mom and dad's farm in Texas.  The current resident was kind enough to send me a bag of them!!  How cool is that????


The fourth canvas is underway and the fifth (and final for now) has been started!! 

3 comments:

  1. This one needs to be seen in real life. I am intrigued by the real pecan shells you used, the picture does not show it well.

    ReplyDelete